Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lessons of a Taxi Driver

A cabbie and I were stopped at a light and the cab next to us broke down.  My driver asked, if the other man needed help.
The other driver replied, "I don't know what you are going to do."
My cabbie said "any thing I can: give you a jump, bring you fuel, help you push it out of the way - whatever you need."
The other driver said, "okay - I guess."

My cabbie dropped me off and then was going to head back.  He said to me, "what does he mean, what are you going to do. "  My driver added, "He is the leader of the problem.  it is up to him to make a solution."

It struck me how true that statement was.  Until you come with a solution you are just whining.  And it is up to the owner of the problem to at least think of opportunities.   

Just another example of the many things I've learned from cab drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment