Monday, March 29, 2010

The Top 10 Hotel Questions

1. Why do hotels put the TP in a triangle?

2. Why do cheap hotels offer free WiFi, but expensive ones charge for it?

3. Why are wake-up calls limited to hotels?  Why can't you get a wake-up call in your bedroom?

4. Why is the thermostat never correct - it is freezing, but it says 75 degrees, or it is boiling at 60.

5. How are there commercials that air JUST in hotels.  Meaning, you can be watching CNN news and see commercials just for business travelers in your hotel room - amazing.

6. Why do shower curtains have a clear area 5 1/2 feet up - is it for extra light?  I've never needed that before, so why do I need it now?

7. Why aren't Mobile Star ratings the same in every country?

8. Since when can you just make up your own Mobile Star ranking?  There are only 5 stars!, but in the last few years there have been hotels saying they are 6 star, 7 star and now 10 star hotels.... really?!?

9. Why are there so many options to check-out?  I've checked-out over the phone, on-line, on a television, and by dropping a key in a box.  Yet I never know if it is done until I double check with the front desk.

10.  Why do business hotels not put outlets next to the bed - I mean, WHO in 2010 isn't plugging something in when they sleep?

Talk to me... what questions do you have about hotels?

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea about 'at home' wake up calls...I Googled it....there is a service!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can explain the targeted TV commercials. Hotels subscribe to their own cable feed that they monetize extra well with targeted advertising for travelers.

    ReplyDelete